Come, relax and enjoy the ride!

I am excited to open my own cycling studio, Sol Pedal. To be doing what I love and have loved for the past 6 years is a blessing. Many of you have ridden many miles with me, so come back and lets travel together. Time flies as we cycle to an eclectic mix of music. I created the studio to be funky and fun, a place where you feel surrounded by happy, healthy energy.



So join the Ride. Its the only hour of your day that you can completely get away. We sweat, sing along, push each other and have a blast. Sure it's exercise, but that doesn't mean it can't be fun! After all, life is what you make it!



Tuesday, May 25

Finding our passion is something one may search forever. I love teaching spin class and get excited each time I hop on the bike. My dear friend from childhood is a travel guide and we compared our passions to create a memorable or rather remarkable experience for his travelers and for my bikers. Though different in many ways, there was a common ground. He wrote and found this excerpt from Bruce Springsteen on his feelings before performing.

My friend writes, "Bruce Springsteen once wrote something that perfectly expresses the artistic challenge that we both seek in our respective mediums. We both walk onto our “stages” and what he seeks to create with music and human experience, I seek to mold out of stories and landscape, and human experience. We both are searching to create with the same end in mind. Here is what Springsteen wrote,

“That first step onstage is an unusual feeling. You have a very sober feeling in your gut that tells you that something is at stake, something that matters. You’re taking a risk. It’s not an entirely comfortable feeling but it’s a necessary one. What I am searching for from the moment I put my foot on stage until I walk off, is the invisible thread of energy and inspiration or soul or whatever you want to call it that is going to take me to that place where a song can explode to life. That thread is between me and the audience every night. Always. I’ve got to grab it out of the air and physicalize it into something they can hear. Sometimes it’s like catching a wave that can take you through all twenty five songs. Sometimes it will take you through ten and then you have to re-find it. Sometimes you’re looking for it again after one. A big part of what I’m experiencing when I’m performing is that search.”"

When we find our passion and choose to share it with others, there are lots of similarities. Are you living your passion? Do what you can to find it, embrace it and live it each day. You will find happiness that is true and a spark you can't wait to share with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment